PPLC’s Certificate Program
We believe that training in psychodynamic theory and clinical technique along with our ongoing group supervision experiences help students to integrate all aspects of training into their existing clinical work. While theory supports our training, the overall goal is practical. Graduates leave the program with a deepened sense of how to establish or develop their practices in whatever clinical environment they chose to work.
This program is perfect for you if you
- are a licensed mental health professional, but don’t feel completely ready to work with private clients.
- already see private clients, but are unsatisfied with the methodology you were trained in.
- are bored or frustrated with your institutional job and want to be more creative in your work.
- crave the intimacy and impact of private practice work.
- want to increase your skill set and confidence as a clinician.
What can a year-long psychotherapy training give you?
PPLC’s certificate program benefits include:
- continuing education credit hours (for New York State residents only).
- well-curated psychodynamic courses and workshops taught by seasoned faculty.
- exposure to a variety of psychotherapeutic theories and perspectives, including relational therapy, object relations therapy, self psychology, attachment theory, human development, and ego psychology.
- clinical and practical tools to create, expand, and sustain a thriving practice.
- ongoing supervisory support from NPAP faculty.
- evening class hours.
- live streaming classes to support distance learning around the world.
Why NPAP’s PPLC Program?
NPAP’s PPLC program has features that you won’t find anywhere else:
- Variety of Methodologies
Including ego psychology, self-psychology, object relations, contemporary Freudian, attachment theory, and relational psychology.
- Distance-Learning Options
Each of our courses, the group supervision, and the workshops are conducted live via digital technology. If you live far from Manhattan, struggle with childcare, or even wake-up with a cold, you can still come to class!
- Cohort Program
Students progress through the program as a cohort to provide ongoing peer support. While there are options to take courses individually and to enter the program at the beginning of each term, we believe that forming and keeping relationships among students enhances their development.
- Interaction with NPAP Faculty and Members
You will have access to highly accomplished instructors who have had successful private practices for decades. The NPAP community is renown for its openness and diversity.
At only $2950 USD per year, this program is an affordable option for those looking to create a practice that will reap rewards for years to come. Visit our Tuition page learn more.
- Limited Spots Available!
Email here to get more information – OR – talk to a faculty member to see if NPAP is right for you. Call 212-924-7440.
PPLC is a Program of
The Training Institute of the National Psychological Association for Psychoanalysis
40 West 13th St NY, NY 10011 I npap.org
email@example.com I 212.924.7440
Apply Here I About NPAP I Contact Us