Let NPAP Prepare You For a Fulfilling Career
Become a Psychoanalyst
- Full spectrum of psychoanalytic thought taught — from the classical tradition to the most current ideas.
- Candidates begin clinical work 2nd year.
- Mental Health services provided for NYC Community for 50 years.
- Members contribute to psychoanalytic scholarship through their published work and public discourse
- Organization is democratic and grants lifelong voting membership.
- Are one of the oldest and largest non-medical psychoanalytic institutes in the country, founded by Freud protégé Theodor Reik.
- Fulfill the New York State License requirements in Psychoanalysis.
- Are the home of The Psychoanalytic Review.
- Train candidates from a variety of backgrounds — arts, social sciences, psychology, medicine, law, social work, and humanities.
- Present scientific meetings on a range of important issues open to the general public.
- Are located in the heart of Greenwich Village, convenient to all subway lines.