NPAP‘s Mentor Program assists candidates who have questions and concerns as they go through their training. Our goal is to be available to a candidate on an individual, personal basis. The Mentor Program is made up of volunteers from the Training Institute membership.
- Candidates may request a member of their choice or request a mentor from the list.
- Once paired, the mentor will contact the candidate to see if he/she wants to meet in person, speak on the phone, or connect via email.
- The candidate and the mentor will decide if they want ongoing contact, or as needed when issues arise.
- The mentor is there to answer questions, provide guidance for solutions to training problems, and be available overall to assist the candidate towards completing training and becoming a member of NPAP.
- The Training Committee will provide an orientation about our current training program for members interested in serving as mentors. We encourage you to participate in this program.
MENTOR PROGRAM POLICIES
- Mentors are available to all candidates beginning at the enrollment level. A description of the program will be given to each candidate upon acceptance for Enrollment.
- Participation as a mentor is open to all members in good standing.
- Mentors will not have access to the candidate’s file.
- Mentors will meet with members of the Training Committee once a year for an orientation/update on the training programs. Mentors will be asked to provide feedback to the Training Committee on their experience as mentors.
If you have any questions about the Mentoring Program, want to have a mentor, or want to be a mentor, please contact Judith Greenwald, Coordinator of the Training Committee Mentoring Program: 212-874-4512 or email@example.com.
We look forward to you joining in this valuable endeavor!